Over the last few weeks, we have been celebrating our 12 Days of Christmas! Spirit Tree has always been known for great cider and our wood-fired oven, but we also have a large variety of Christmas gifts for everyone on your list. Check them out:
On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me…A cider sampler from Spirit Tree! Our Cider Sampler is a gift box of three of our most popular ciders and a Spirit Tree glass to sip it on.
On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…An assortment of soaps from @bridlewoodsoaps. Check out our selection of all-natural handmade soaps from Bridlewood. They are the perfect stocking stuffer and made locally!!
On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me…A Spirit Tree Estate line gift box. Our Estate line is our small batch exclusive ciders made from apples from our orchard. Our Estate Reserve and Apple Cranberry Spritzer are the perfect gift for any cider lover!!
On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me… A hot cider and gingerbread cookies. Who doesn’t love curling up with a hot cider a cookie? Well, we have something special for you!!Try our LIMITED EDITION Sleigh Driver cider (non-alcoholic) and our Christmas gingerbread cookies. A perfect gift or a special treat on a cold windy weekend!!
On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me… Spirit Tree’s classic Christmas cake. We have 2 types of traditional Christmas cakes – our Apple and Candied Ginger & Apricot and Fig. These are a great gift or to enjoy as a little Christmas treat!
On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…a Home for the Holidays gift basket. If we have to stay home for the holidays, why not surprise them with a gift basket FULL of treats to eat and drink while they couch surf and catch up on Netflix!!
On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me…Cider Cheese & Crackers As we head into the last weekend before Christmas, it’s time to stock up on your charcuterie essentials. We just love Stonetown’s In-Cider cheese because it’s soaked in cider and has a creamy taste. Or Le Guillaume Tell cheese that is macerated in ice cider. These cheeses pair perfectly with our house-made crostini and Pasquale’s flatbread
On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me… a 6-pack of Winter Bliss. Winter Bliss is our seasonal cider and has a caramel orange flavor. It will warm you and your true love up this winter.
On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…a toque from Spirit Tree. Hot of the press and brand new to the Shoppe is our Spirit Tree gear! For the cider fan, surprise them this Christmas with a ST stylish toque or baseball hat.
On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…a sip of 10th Anniversary & Ice Cider. Our limited edition 10th Anniversary & Ice Cider are back in the store. Our 10th Anniversary cider is blended like a French champagne and has an off-dry smooth finish. Our Ice Cider is made from late harvest apples. It’s sweet and perfect to pair with cheese or dessert by the fire.
On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me…the Ultimate Thanks Gift Basket. With only a few days to Xmas and no where to shop, we have you covered with the perfect gift baskets. This gift basket is ideal for the helpful neighbour, your frontline worker friend, or the family member who has everything.
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…a Sparkling cider gift box. A perfect gift is a gift box of our three non alcoholic Sparkling Ciders – Apple, Pear and Cranapple.
Our Farm Shoppe is open until Christmas Eve at 4pm to help with any last minute shopping needs.
Also check out our IG page for a special “12 Days of Christmas” Give-away!!
UPDATED June 15. We have selected the winner!
The submissions are in! Check out the incredible artwork!
When we decided to do a contest to design the label for our new Peachy Pear Cider, we were only expecting a few entries. We were absolutely blown away by what came in! This is such a creative community with incredible talent!
It was VERY hard to choose but we narrowed it down to our top four choices (in no particular order). Let us know what you think!
We will be making the final selection on June 15 and will notify the winner.
If your artwork wasn't selected, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your time and creativity. Thank you so much for sending us your beautiful creations!
Congrats to Julia Do Alamo!
Her work was selected as the label for our new Peach Pear Cider.
Julia is a 19 year old graphic design student from George Brown College.
You can check out more of Julia's work on Instagram at @thedesignfeminine.
Our Peach Pear Cider will be available with is swanky new label this July!
Annie De Guzman
Lucy Cifoni Hughes
Albazini Van Wyk
Carina and James Marcogliese
Sally Jane Ross
And that's a wrap folks! The blossom season was very short this year. The trees were budding for about 2 weeks but with the warm weather, the blossoms only lasted about 5 days.
There were lots of blossoms this year, which means lots of apples this fall for picking and cider!
Thanks to everyone who followed along and enjoyed the photos. Until next year!
The honeybees have been very happy in the last few days!
With the trees blooming, they are hard at work pollinating all the blooms. The bees help cross-pollinate the apple blooms and ensure we have a healthy harvest in the fall.
The bees are an essential part of the pollination process for the formation of apples.
The crabapples are always the first to bloom. With the recent warm days, the buds have popped and are in full bloom!
The Empires will be the next to bloom.
Just a reminder, that our orchards are closed to the public. We know they make for beautiful photos but please no wondering in the orchard. Thank you for underrstanding!
Calling all artists! This summer, Spirit Tree Estate Cidery is launching a new cider and we want YOUR help to design the new label!
Yes, that's right! The maker of your favourite ciders, like Dry Hopped and Pear Lavender, is launching a new flavour. With hot summer days creeping around the corner, we’ve decided to make yet another specialty spin-off of our classic Spirit Tree Pear Cider.
What delicious fruit is soft and juicy, and a summer-time favourite? Absolutely mouth-watering when caramelized in an open wood-fire oven?
We are so excited to announce the release of our Peachy Pear Craft Cider. We source the tastiest of Ontario grown peaches, slowly roasted with a dash of cinnamon in our signature wood-fire oven, then blended to perfection for a crisp, pear-based cider with a finish of oven-roasted peaches.
Let your creative juices flow and help us design the new can label. Your artwork will be featured on the new label of our Peachy Pear Craft Cider (name TBC).
The winner will have full bragging writes for designing the new label, as well awarded $150 and a 24-can case of the new cider!
- You are designing the artwork that will be featured on Spirit Tree's new cider. The flavour is Pear blended with roasted peaches.
- The contest is open to all artists and there is no limitations on the type of artwork! Hand drawn, graffiti, painted, digital illustration...show us your creative side.
- Artwork can be created with physical or digital media.
- Artists may submit more then one piece.
- Artist must be of 19 years or older to participate.
- Artwork must be submitted electronically by email or in person to Spirit Tree Estate Cider in Caledon by June 12, 2020 by 11:59 p.m.
- Artwork submitted electronically must be high res (min 300 px).
- Spirit Tree staff will select three (3) finalists on June 13. The final winner will be selected by 6:00 p.m. on June 14, 2020 and notified within 24 hours.
- By entering this art competition, you are granting Spirit Tree Estate Cidery a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork on our website, newsletter and social media networks, with credit to the artist.
- The winner will have bragging writes and be awarded a $150 cash prize and a 24-can case of the new peach pear cider.
- Once selected, Spirit Tree Estate Cider will own all rights to the winning artwork. The artist has no right to sales commission or any other reimbursement above and beyond the contest winnings.
- Spirit Tree reserves the right to modify the original artwork in any way, as appropriate to fit the can label.
TO ENTER CONTEST
- Deadline to enter contest: June 12, 2020 by 11:59 p.m.
- Complete application form. Download the application form below.
Two ways to submit artwork:
- Submit artwork electronically by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. (must be high res - min 300 px).
- In person to Spirit Tree Estate Cidery at 1137 Boston Mills Road, Caledon
UPDATED JULY 16, 2020
At Spirit Tree Estate Cidery, the health of our customers and employees are our number one priority.
The Ciderhouse Bistro remains closed BUT our outdoor patio is OPEN as of July 3.
Our goal is always to serve our community by providing an option for food items, as well as maintain jobs for our employees. To do so, the Farm Shoppe remains open for baked bread and pastries, fresh and frozen meals, groceries and take-out options.
In addition to our already rigorous cleaning and sanitation procedures, we have implemented further health and safety policies:
New Farm Shoppe & Patio Procedures:
- A hand sanitizing station is set up outside the front door. We kindly ask that all customers entering Spirit Tree properly sanitize their hands.
- As on May 23, we ask that all customers entering the store and patio wear a face mask. Face masks are for sale for $1 for anyone who doesn't have one.
- Once seating at a table on the patio or tented area, guests are welcome to remove their mask.
- Public bathrooms are now open.
- All picnic areas are open, however they are not sanitized after every use. Please use picnic area at your own risk.
- All surfaces, including counters, door handles, pay machines, computer screens etc. are sanitized several times throughout the day.
- A limit of 5 people in the store at any one time (previously 6)
- Only one person from your family/group in the store at time.
- When paying, please use tap, when possible.
- Curbside delivery is available, upon request.
- All freshly baked bread is behind the counter to limit contact.
New Employee Procedures:
- As on May 23, all employees are required to wear a face mask during their shift.
- All employees must change into and out of their uniforms before and after their shift.
- All employees must wash their hands at the start of their shift, and continue to wash their hands regularly and use hand sanitizer several times throughout their shift.
- All employees must sanitize their cell phones before the start of their shift.
- All employees must remain in their department, keeping a safe distance from each other and customers during their shift.
- Any employee who is not feeling well or have any COVID-19 symptoms must stay home.
- Any employees who have traveled outside of Canada must self-isolate for 14 days and have medical clearance before returning to work.
We assure you that we are taking this crisis seriously and following good cleaning and social distancing to look after each other, our customers and our community at large. On behalf of everyone at Spirit Tree, we thank you for all your support during this difficult time.
Proprietor and Cider Master
We are finally starting to see the sunshine and warmer temperatures. For the apple trees, this means that the blossoms are just around the corner. The buds are in the pre-bloom stage, also known as the popcorn stage.
We expect to be in full bloom sometime next week.
We would like to remind customers that the orchards are off-limits. Customers are not allowed to walk into the orchards.
As if we haven't been dealing with enough, Mother Nature gives us snow in May! Here in Caledon, we woke to an 1.5 inch of snow on the ground. Thankfully it didn't last long but we have had a few frosty mornings.
When the temperature goes below zero, we expect to see some damage to the buds. Thankfully each bud has 5 blossoms and we only need one for an apple.
We are still expecting the trees to be in full blossom by the third week of May.
While the rest of the world has stopped, Mother Nature forges on. The buds on the apple trees are start to burst. We expect to see the blossoms by mid-May!