UPDATED MAY 22, 2020
At Spirit Tree Estate Cidery, the health of our customers and employees are our number one priority.
Based on recommendations from the Ontario Government, The Ciderhouse Bistro is closed until further notice.
Our goal is always to serve our community by providing an option for food items, as well as maintain jobs for our employees. To do so, the Farm Shoppe remains open for baked bread and pastries, fresh and frozen meals, groceries and take-out options.
In addition to our already rigorous cleaning and sanitation procedures, we have implemented further health and safety policies:
New Shop Procedures:
- A hand sanitizing station is set up outside the front door. We kindly ask that all customers entering Spirit Tree properly sanitize their hands.
- As on May 23, we ask that all customers entering the store wear a face mask. Face masks are for sale for $1 for anyone who doesn’t have one.
- All public bathrooms are closed to the public until further notice.
- All picnic areas are closed until further notice.
- All surfaces, including counters, door handles, pay machines, computer screens etc. are sanitized several times throughout the day.
- A limit of 5 people in the store at any one time (previously 6)
- Only one person from your family/group in the store at time.
- When paying, please use tap, when possible.
- Curbside delivery is available, upon request.
- All freshly baked bread is behind the counter to limit contact.
New Employee Procedures:
- As on May 23, all employees are required to wear a face mask during their shift.
- All employees must change into and out of their uniforms before and after their shift.
- All employees must wash their hands at the start of their shift, and continue to wash their hands regularly and use hand sanitizer several times throughout their shift.
- All employees must sanitize their cell phones before the start of their shift.
- All employees must remain in their department, keeping a safe distance from each other and customers during their shift.
- Any employee who is not feeling well or have any COVID-19 symptoms must stay home.
- Any employees who have traveled outside of Canada must self-isolate for 14 days and have medical clearance before returning to work.
We assure you that we are taking this crisis seriously and following good cleaning and social distancing to look after each other, our customers and our community at large. On behalf of everyone at Spirit Tree, we thank you for all your support during this difficult time.
Proprietor and Cider Master